Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quick thing that's been bugging me...

My one-stop-shop for all things gialli closed down a couple months ago.  ZDD Visual Media was awesome.  They even introduced me to some movies that aren't in my go-to book of gialli, Blood and Black Lace by Adrian Luther Smith.  If it wasn't for the fact that my tax return went to those special things in life called responsibilities, I would've cleared out their entire giallo selection.

So now whenever I get a few extra bucks, I check out other sites to fill my void.  I came across one recently that actually had a subtitled copy of a movie I'd wanted to see for a long time.  I won't name the film, since it is going to be part of the marathon.

I didn't mind paying for the movie, since it cost about as much as a trip to the movies.  After all, I'd always wanted to see it.

I know not every site is going to offer the same thing ZDD offered, with the case, cool cover art by Corlen Kruger, and printed label on the disc itself.  That costs $$$.  I'm a student.  I understand.

But when I received the disc in the mail, I was a bit bugged.

No case (I can buy one at work, no biggie).  No cover art (I can always concoct something myself when I'm bored).  But the label on the disc itself was completely blank.  Nothing on it whatsoever.

I understand the whole being cost effective thing.  But could you at least write the title in Sharpie or something?  If I'd ordered five movies, how would I have known which one was which?

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get a Sharpie.  And go onto IMDB to figure out how to spell the title correctly.


Later.
-Justin

3 comments:

  1. Some folks feel that the permanent marker on a disc is a bad thing. Supposedly, over time the ink bleeds through the disc and renders in unplayable. I don't know if this is true or not. They could have at least put a sticky note on the case so you'd know which was which. Oh wait, no case? Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...pen? I dunno. I'll find a case somewhere and find a way to label it.

    ReplyDelete