Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 7: Snapshot of a Crime

Spent all day at a friend's house, watching things I should never witness.  But that's another story for another day.

Anyhow, by the time I got home, it was 10:30.  So I decided to go through my gialli and find one with a short running time.  After all, I gotta get up at 9 for work.

So I chose Snapshot of a Crime.

I'll make this short and sweet.  Luca's a playboy who parades around in a banana hammock.  After being dumped by his ex, he takes two chicks out on his boat.  One of the chicks like rough sex games, and they end up filming themselves doing the dirty deed.  Then she disappears.  And it looks like he killed her.

This wasn't necessarily boring, but I just wasn't interested, either.  Boy, I've been choosing some bloodless movies, lately.  It's as if after NY Ripper I subconsciously decided to forgo all bloodshed.  Only real interesting aspect was that the soundtrack played throughout the ENTIRE MOVIE.  There isn't a silent moment.  Much like Dario Argento's Il Cartaio.  But he used it to better effect, IMHO.

I'm disappointed, since Mario Caiano's other giallo, Eye in the Labyrinth, was very engaging.  Ah, well. I got a trick up my sleeve that'll pick things up.

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment