Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Palette Cleansers

Just watched Inglourious Basterds.  Very good film.  Thanks for voting.

It's a long film, though.  One I will rewatch every now and again, but it won't be for a while.  I always have a hard time with long movies...

BTW, all four of the movies on my palette cleanser poll were movies that I own but haven't gotten around to watching.

Traded in two of my gialli to Blockbuster (they were part of the rent-by-mail thingy) for two more palette cleansers: The Wolfman and The Blind Side.

Yes.  I rented a Sandra Bullock movie.  Guess the month of gialli did do a number on me.

I'm gonna watch one of them soon, then return it so I can get the MYA DVD of Absurd in the mail.  The plot sounds like Halloween 2 w/a killer that actually heals himself (!).  Plus it's a bonafide Video Nasty.  Always a plus.

That's probably gonna be my next project...Video Nasties.  I won't do a marathon again anytime soon, but I'll spend some time catching all the Nasties I can.  The whole ordeal of the Video Nasty era fascinates me.

Anyone got a copy of Ban The Sadist Videos I can borrow?

Later.
-Justin

4 comments:

  1. was very disappointed with Absurd- it was not very good at all, some of the gore was well handled but the film itself felt a bit flat :(

    no where near as good as Anthropophagus/Grim Reaper- if you doing video nasties Island of Death is a better bet- its pretty twisted but thoroughly tongue in cheek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check those out, too. They used to sell Anthropophagus at my job, but nobody bought it and they sent it back to the manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the successful month, duder. You will have to do this again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too often, though...Maybe do the monthlong thing once a year, but do an occasional double feature/weekend thingy.

    ReplyDelete