Monday, July 30, 2012

Coming Down...

Still going through the myriad of emotions of this screenplay.  Feeling it's the worst thing I've ever written. Wishing I'd gone with my other giallo concept instead.  That one had none of the sci-fi trappings, so I could've used the whole script writing what I do best--murder pieces (it's actually quite disturbing how good my set pieces are).

I spoke with another professor tonight, and he said he goes through the same emotions with every project he does.  Which makes me feel a lot better.  Now that it's turned in for good, he told me to stay away from it for 4-6 months.

So in the meantime, I'm trying to get more time at work, since I graduate in two weeks.  More time = more $$$ = less debt.

And on the side I'm actually releasing my stress through a strange endeavor.  I'm designing fabric.  On Spoonflower.com you can design your own fabric and have it made for whatever kind of project you want to do.  I can't sew (yet), but I've been making my own designs and I'm about to make my first collection available for sale.  Not giallo related, but still eye-catching and pretty, IMHO.  When this collection becomes available for sale, I'll let y'all know.

Of course I couldn't do that project and completely abandon gialli/Italian horror.  I made up a few prints for my own personal use using giallo poster art.  I plan on someday learning how to sew so I can make myself a shirt with the skull/butterfly image from the Bloodstained Butterfly poster.  And another with the poster art for AAA Massagiatrice Bella...you know the rest of that title.

And now that my second draft is turned in, I've managed to find the time to watch more movies.  Watched Open Coffin Empty Tomb on Saturday.  Really enjoyed it.  It's a slow burner, but it paid off at the end.  And I watched Death Steps in the Dark last night.  That one didn't really do anything for me.  I might just have been tired, though.

Okay.  I'm going to bed.  It's 1:12 and I've been up since 6 or so.  I'm tired.

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment