Sunday, April 10, 2011

Orchid Watch 2011

Hey, y'all.

Ready for another round of post-writing bloggage?

I've finished writing for the day.  My most productive day yet.

I managed to write 16 pages.  16.  Lemme say it one more time.  16!

And that's with a nap halfway through.

So now I am officially at 85 pages.  Only 15 to go.

And, boy, if this ever becomes a film, it'll be bloody.  I won't get into specifics, because I don't wanna spoil anything.  One scene is the realization of something I have always wanted to see in a horror movie since fourth grade.  I don't even think Fulci did this.  Argento came close, but not like this.

Surprisingly, the hardest parts to write have been the death scenes.  They require loads of description and don't allow for any dialogue to break things up.  You have to write every detail, which makes me feel dirty.  What flashes by in mere seconds on film comes from paragraphs.

I've run out of synonyms for "cut" and "slice."

Probably won't be able to reach page 100 tomorrow.  I am off from both work and Screenwriting class, but I have to try to meet my advisor again, and I'm gonna meet some people from Acting class to work on performances for Tuesday...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I deserve a bit of rest.

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment