Thursday, October 28, 2010

Okay, I'll Explain

This whole title situation...

I'm in a screenwriting class.  I was anticipating a big assignment by coming up with my own giallo to write an outline and treatment for.

I've been having a hard time with a title, because I love my title for it, but I have a feeling the people in the class who are unaware of gialli (in other words, all of them) will look at me like a dumbass.

My title for the script: The Orchid with the Petals of Velvet.

I dunno why but I love this title.  Lurid yet delicate, like a lost giallo from 1971.

I've tried shortening it to Velvet Orchid but it sounds like some Zalman King Skinemax softcore thingy to me.

Anyhow, we ended up getting the big assignment about an hour after I posted the last entry.  So now I'm really debating on what to do with the title.

I'm sure I'll figure it out.  Maybe something will hit me when I start the synopsis/character bio.

If you come up with any more ideas, please let me know.  I am reading them, and I like what I've seen so far.  The first part of the assignment is due Tuesday, so I have until Monday night to make a decision.

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment