Thursday, March 15, 2012

Where I've Never Gone Before...

Kind of unofficially working on my next screenwriting project.  A couple months ago, I remembered this old script idea I had and quickly wrote a scene to use for my Directing class project.  The project has gotten a good reception so far.  The only flak I really got was the location used for the shoot.  But we only had two places to shoot: A dark soundstage or a lobby.  So we did our best to make the lobby look like a living room.

For the most part, it's relatively believable.  The only moment it sticks out is when one character exits into the janitor's closet.

Anyhow, since directing that scene, I've been thinking about this script all the time.  I've thought of more scenes I wanted to add, how to work everything together, etc.  And last night I came up with a scene (and especially a line of dialogue) that I couldn't shake until today when I started to write it.

Now I'm totally wanting to finish this.

And it's not a giallo.

It's a semi-romantic comedy.

::gasp::

I dunno...I really dunno where it came from.  And it isn't the only romantic comedy idea I have, either.  But it's been gestating in my warped little mind and I think it's about ready to bring it out into the world.

Okay.  Now I'm writing all fragmented and stuff.

Off to finish this scene before I rock back and forth...

And check out the original scene: Chicks Dig Scars

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment