Monday, January 10, 2011

A Daunting Task...

Went to my first session of Screenwriting II tonight.  Seems to be a different approach from my previous class.

Ah, well.  All I know is I enjoyed it.

By the end of the semester, we will have a "clean" first draft.

And we'll be using our stories from last semester!

Do y'all know what that means?

By the end of the semester, I will have a full first draft of The Orchid With The Petals Of Velvet!

However, there is one thing that kinda frightens me.

This instructor's Screenwriting I course ended with students completing the first 50 pages.  My old instructor just left us with a ten page outline.

So a bunch of the students are coming in with a half finished script.  I have to start from page one.  However, they didn't have a treatment.  And I have one.

Now I'm worried.  I need, like, a hundred pages by April 15th.

Of all the times to cut the caffeine out of my diet.

At least with the treatment, I know where the story is going.  Maybe that'll help.

Yes, this post is all jumbly.  My brain is all jumbly.

If y'all could just leave a comment along the lines of "You got this!" or "You're gonna rock it,"  I'd really appreciate it.

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment