Monday, August 15, 2011

Wish list...

So many gialli are getting either DVD or Blu Ray releases.  But there are still many that I feel are missing on each format.  Some gialli deserve the Blu Ray treatment, while some others simply need to be SEEN.

So, here's a short wish list of movies I feel need the Blu Ray treatment, and a list of movies I feel simply need a release...

Blu Ray:

Don't Torture a Duckling-My favorite Fulci film, one that got the shaft with the US DVD.  I wonder how the upcoming Shameless UK DVD will turn out.  Still, this one needs the high-def treatment.

Phenomena, Tenebrae, Opera, heck, every Dario film that doesn't have one-Yes, Arrow has released a bunch of Dario's work on Blu Ray in the UK, but I've heard they're absolute shit.  Much as I love Two Evil Eyes, how did that get the US Blu treatment before these?

Case of the Bloody Iris-I just love this film.  And I wanna see THAT SHOT in high def.  You know.  Edwige, naked, covered in flowers.

Black Belly of the Tarantula-A great film that seems to be overlooked.  For some reason, whenever I discuss gialli, it gets forgotten about.  Paolo Cavara should've done more gialli (Plot of Fear had its moments, too).

All the Colors of the Dark and Your Vice is a Locked Door and Only I Have the Key-Gialli with Edwige.  Need I say more?

Red Queen Kills Seven Times-More people talk about Emilio P. Miraglia's other giallo, The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave.  But I prefer this one.  I'd gladly buy both if they came in a double Blu set, though.


DVD:

Death Occurred Last Night-I heard Raro Video USA was gonna release this.  But until it's available for order, it'll stay on my wish list.  I'll also add Bloodstained Butterfly, because the English subbed DVD is hard to find, and I inadvertently gave my dad my old VHS dub.

Love and Death in the Garden of the Gods-I wanna see this one SO bad.  Someone PLEASE subtitle it and make my life so much better.

The Cat in Heat, Casa Del Buon Ritorno, Casa Dell'Amore La Polizia Interviene-Same reason.  I wanna see it, but there are no English subs.  My Italian is limited to gialli titles and the Olive Garden menu.

The Police Grope Around in the Dark-A decent movie, with some cool ideas, one I think should be given some sort of release.

Maybe there should be some sort of Forgotten Gialli box set that lumps a bunch of lesser known ones into one big collection.


I'm sure there will be more that come to me.  But here's my list.

Later.
-Justin

Perche' Quelle Str

No comments:

Post a Comment