Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Breaking my restriction

Laid up with a bum foot.  Gout suck-diddly-ucks.  I had to go to the doc today for it...and got a trifecta of anti-inflammatories, steroids, and even painkillers (first time I've ever been prescribed painkillers for this...it's that bad).

Called out yesterday and today from work.  Darn it...I needed the cash...

I can only watch so many reruns of Judge Judy without going insane.  So I watched my Netflix DVD of Hatchet For the Honeymoon.  Pleasant surprise, with some striking images (the room full of mannequins, especially).

And I decided to give What Have You Done to Solange another try.  I bought it a few years back, and had an incredibly hard time with it.  The killer's MO really disturbed me, to the point where it took three tries to get through it.  I ended up selling it for store credit at FYE.

Since then, I've watched a few movies with similar subject matter, like The New York Ripper, which I managed to actually...er...what's the word...appreciate?

So, here goes round two of Solange...it just arrived from Netflix...lemme check it out with new eyes...

My Siouxsie and the Banshees Downside Up box set also just arrived.  Oh happy day!

Later.
-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment